KILDARE LIBRARY AND ARTS SERVICES ARE HOSTING THE FOLLOWING TALKS OVER THE COMING WEEKS AND MONTHS.
FREE talks for parents this week include:
- Parenting Tools for children with ASD – Tuesday 25th February @ 7.00pm in Newbridge Library
- Understanding Bullying – empowering children and strategies for intervention 27th February @ 7.00pm in Kildare Town Library.
- ASD Friendly Sensory Storytime 29th Feb @ 11.00am in Leixlip Library.
- Yoga Workshop for children with additional needs and their families 29th February @ 2.30pm in Kildare Town Library.
Full details available on www.parentingsupport.ie
Talks, workshops and events for the month of March include:
- Sibling Bullying
- What is Dyslexia?
- ASD Friendly Lego Workshop
- ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
- Positive Parenting – bringing us responsible, well behaved and happy children.
- First Aid for Parents
- ASD Friendly Sensory Storytime
- Resilience for Parents in the Workplace – the Life/Work Balance
- Using Social Stories to help children with ASD understand and interact with others.
Kildare Library and Arts Service is hosting the FREE talk: Resilience for Parents in the Workplace – the Life/Work Balance on:
- Thursday 19th March @ 7pm in Celbridge Library
- Thursday 26th March @ 7pm in Kildare Town Library
The talk will be presented by Glenna Benson. Glenna will discuss the importance of resilience, as well as several options and patterns which can sustain us through challenging times – encouraging us to look at new ways to ensure a better quality of life, not just in the workplace, but also in the home.
For information on parenting supports and services in Co. Kildare and Co. Wicklow, please check out www.parentingsupport.ie.